The Body Electric
The subtle energy fields are bands of energy that do not stop at the skin. These subtle (as well as physical) energy fields emanate from every living source, including human cells, organs, and bodies as well as plants and animals. There are also subtle fields in the earth and natural physical fields in the earth and skies that affect our subtle fields. In addition, there are artificially produced fields, such as those emitted from power lines and cell phones, that affect our subtle fields.
The ancients perceived subtle energy channels, rivers of light that transport life energy in and around the body. In the ancient Chinese medical system, these channels are called meridians and the pulsing vital energy, chi.
Our forebears also observed subtle energy bodies, organs that convert fast-moving energy into slow-moving energy. There are dozens of such energy bodies; the best-known are called chakras, which interface between the subtle energy structures and physical organs. Connected through a network of energy channels called nadis, the chakras appear in hundreds of cultures across the globe.
What you will learn:
- How the subtle body works and what it is
- What the Chakra system is, and how to use it
- The different Mudras and how to use them
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn more about the subtle energy fields within the body
- If you want to explore the Chakra system in-depth
- If you are curious about what Mudras are, and how they work
- Yoga teachers who want to explore how to work with subtle energies in their classes
- Yoga practitioners who want to deepen their own practice